Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sandwich and Salad Combo

Recently I have been trying very hard to make my own food, my own sauces, my own soups and most importantly my own lunch.  This means that I often carry around 2-4 Tupperware containers at once and an extra shopping bag which I am sure the other riders of the TTC (public Transit) are just sooo curious about.  Anyway I wanted to share some simple recipes of the good old fashioned Sandwich and Salad Combo.

For both the salad and the sandwich you can use the same ingredients! Imagine that!


for the Sandwich I used:
- Pesto spread that I keep in my fridge and/or make when basil is fresh and accessible
- Shredded carrot
- Slice of CHeese
- Vegan/Veggie Burger--i went with the herb and garlic kind...you can put anything here though (Marinated tofu, Tempeh...a Tomato...)
- 1/4 avocado mushed at the bottom
- 1 Portuguese bun

 

 Then you just assemble and cut in half! 

As for the salad

 

- Shredded Carrot
- Craisins or Raisins
- Spinach
- some kind of nut--i used pecans
- an apple

As you know You can empty out whatever you have in your fridge for your salad...But if you are going for the sandwich/salad Combo its often easy to just used the same ingredients in both so when you are grocery shopping you don't have to get too carried away.

 This combo in particular I found to be very filling because with the sandwich cut in half, you can stagger your eating (if you have time!) and all the nuts in the salad make for a more hearty portion.

Enjoy lunch at the work place...people will be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment