Delicious Peach Cobbler
Ontario's peaches have finally started to come in - and this is a great way to make the most of them.
Peaches (you can substitute any fruit of your choice), cut into 1-inch slices/chunks; 8 is usually sufficient
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup crushed walnuts
1 tablespoon organic cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 cup organic flour
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup organic honey
1. Preheat Oven to 350F.
2. Chop up peaches and put in saucepan along with 1/2 cup of cane sugar and cornstarch.
3. Stir until peaches have softened and the juice has begun to
thicken. (When you are cutting up the Peaches make sure not to let the precious juice escape!) When this is done set aside for later.
4. In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda with a pinch of salt. Cut up the stick of butter and mix together with your hands. The majority of the dry mixture should be attached to the crumbled butter.
5. Put the peaches in a baking dish and then top with the butter/flour mixture. Then add the crumbled walnuts, oats, honey, brown sugar and nutmeg.
6. Allow to cook for 25-30 minutes or until the top is nice and crispy.
7. Allow to cool, add some fresh fruit, ice cream and enjoy!