Now I really like this recipe because it relies on a bit of honey to sweeten the batter without getting too desert-y! Anyway...here is a FEEL GOOD pancake recipe that is easy and delicious without lots of filler.sugar.desert material. :)
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat, grain or almond flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal flakes
*TIP you can use any three kinds of flour/grain as long as you keep the measurements consistent!
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups milk or water
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
1 teaspoon or more of pure
1. Preheat that pan, let it get nice and hot. I always splash a couple drops of water to check if the pan is hot enough--if they sizzle you are good to go. Keep the heat on medium-high so that the batter will cook while allowing the pancake to turn golden brown
2. Hand Mix the ingredients and be patient. This mixture takes a bit of time to get to a nice even consistency but it is worth it.
3. Spoon your batter into your pan. I am a fan of making small stack-able pancakes.
4. Wait for the top layer to bubble and for those bubbles to burst. When this has occurred evening on the surface flip to the other side. At this point the pancake is mostly cooked so it should only take another minute or two for it to be done.
5. If you are making a big ol batch put your pile in the oven to keep them warm.
6. Rinse and Repeat!